Name of the Institution ‘Sindhi Seva Samiti English School’ was suitably changed to “Sindhi High School’. With the introduction of class IX, the strength of the school increased to 570. Free uniforms and books were given to the deserving students.
Sri H.D. Deve Gowda, former Prime Minister, presented over the annual day programme and distributed the prizes to the students for excelling in academics.
To inculcate a healthy spirit of competition, rolling trophies were sponsored. The following are the names of the trophies and their sponsors:
- Best House in Games and athletics sponsored by Sindhi Bankers (Shroffs) Seva Samiti.
- Best House in Athletics sponsored by Sri Biharilal Nebhands.
- Best House in games sponsored by Sri Lakshmichand Hotchand.
- Best Boy Athletics sponsored by Sri Gopidas Thakurdas.
- Best Girl Athlete sponsored by Sri Amarlal S..
- Best House in Co-curricular activities sponsored by Sri. N. Gangaram Karlo in memory of Late Sri Devi Prasad Karlo.
The first of our Magazine ‘Sindhi Jyothi’ was released.
The school became a full fledged high school with the commencement of class X in 1986 and the strength increased to 665.
The school building was gully equipped with 3 separate laboratories for Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
It was a matter of great pride when the school acquired the adjoining plot as a part of our expansion programme.
The first batch of std X took the All India secondary School Examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi in the academic year 1987-88 and secured cent percent results. The pupils qualified amongst the top 12% of the All India Students’ Body that appeared for the Examination hailing from 2400 CBSE schools across the country.